The red Santa Digna Cabernet Sauvignon is made entirely from this grape variety, which achieves optimum varietal expression in the privileged Central Valley Climate.
This wine is a clear ruby colour with the spicy, liquorice and blackcurrant aromas characteristic of the grape variety.
The wine has a firm backbone with smooth, tight lyknit fruit and tannins and long elegant aftertaste.
The perfect accompaniment to all meat dishes especially game and barbecued or grilled meats.
The name Santa Digna
The name Santa Digna was given to the crosses marking the district boundaries of a land. These crosses served to delimit territories and symbolised good fortune and protection for those who were leaving for other climes.
- Gold Medal Hyatt Competition (Chile) 2007 (2005 Vintage)
- Gold Medal Japan Wine Challenge 2006 (2004 Vintage)
- Gold Medal Selections Mondiales (Canada) 2004 (2002 Vintage)
- Gold Medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2003 (2001 Vintage)
- Gold Medal Challenge International du Vin France 2003 (2001 Vintage)
- Gold Medal MUNDUSvini Germany 2010 (2008 Vintage)