Facebook pixel
Select Page

Bodegas Castaño – GSM

September 2015 – grapes are harvested.

The wine is defined through its deep, appealing red color; good ripe fruit aroma with bakery hints as well as its meaty, soft, juicy with succulent black cherry and blackberry flavors.

Made from Garnacha Tintorera, Syrah and Monastrell, 80% of GSM wine is being aged in French oak barrels while the remaining 20% is being put in American oak barrels.

The sweet tannicity and long aftertaste make the wine more appealing in the market.

GSM wine’s fermentation and maceration happen for 8 – 10 days with a controlled temperature of 24 – 26ºC and being aged for 4 straight months in oak barrels.

Information about GSM

Brand name: Bodegas Castaño – GSM
Wine name: GSM
Country: Spain
Region: Yecla
Appellation: Denominazione di Origine Controllata
Website: Bodegas Castaño

Tasting Notes

Tint: Deep, appealing, red color
Aroma: Good ripe fruit
Aroma hints: Loaded with bakery hints
Flavour: Succulent black cherry and blackberry
Flavour Finish: Long aftertaste
Tannicity: Sweet
Bottle size: 75 cl
Food pairing: Lamb
Grapes: 20% Garnacha Tintorera, 40% Syrah and 40% Monastrell
Data Sheet: PDF (Backup)

Bodegas Castaño – GSM

Wine grape varieties

Bodegas Castaño – GSM 2014



DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS, Recognition won: Silver


Alcohol and Distilleries

Bodegas Castaño – GSM 2013


EL MUNDO VINO, Recognition won: 13.5 pts.


Michael Bredahl

Michael Bredahl

Wine Writer

Michael is an online enthusiast, with a lot of knowledge about online marketing. Traveling around the world to hunt for the perfect wine. Latest on Sicily, where Etna has a huge impact on the taste, which is strong with a bitter aftertaste for the youngest wines, but older wines are fantastic. Drinking wine, and writing about them, are one the passions. Remember to drink responsibly 🙂

Are you a Copywriter?

We have a lot of articles without much content, if you can do it better, you are welcome to write a nice article, and get the proper credit for that. Read more information about beeing an author, and Contact us for more information.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Wine Grape Varieties
Wine Informations
Wine Merchants

Wine Tours

About Wine Tours

About Wine Tours

A tour to the vineyards where your favourite wine was made, is an adventure that cannot be explained as you have to explore it for yourself.
Bandol Wine Tour

Bandol Wine Tour

Bandol, which is among the internationally popular wine regions, is located in the Provence region of France.
Chianti Wine Tasting Tours

Chianti Wine Tasting Tours

Chianti is produced in a region of Tuscany, the Chianti region is huge and overlaps several other prominent wine growing regions
The Secret behind Alsace Wines

The Secret behind Alsace Wines

Alsace wine, also known as Alsatian wine is one of the many wine varieties that are grown in the Alsace region of France. These have a Germanic influence on them and is primarily is white.
No ratings yet.

Give this page a High Five!

Article Review
Review Date
Reviewed Item
Bodegas Castaño GSM Wine Review
Author Rating

Save up to 20%

Get our newsletter with the promotional code, and save a lot of money!

You will now recieve our Newsletters, Thank You :-)

See all of Our Promotional Codes and benefits here

Online Shopping and World's Best Wines

Save up to 20%

Receive our newsletter and get the latest news, promotional codes and freebies

You will now recieve our Newsletters, Thank You :-)

See all of Our Promotional Codes and benefits here